Zines

May. 1st, 2019 04:20 pm
[personal profile] gobigred
I meant to post this last week, but in my research for my final project it has been so interesting to me when I find the different zines that the fandom creates. Something that grabs my attention especially is the names of the zines. For The West Wing fandom in particular, I love how all of the zine names (and the websites that house the fanfictions) are named after real places/things. For example, one West Wing archive is called "The National Library." This connects the presidential/governmental themes of the West Wing to where the fan fiction is stored. Further, it repurposes a place in the "real" world for fanfictions, which may not be seen as part of the "real" world.

Date: 2019-05-02 03:46 pm (UTC)
professorhead: (Default)
From: [personal profile] professorhead
Wow! I didn't even know there were West Wing zines--I assumed it was all online! What do you know about them? The University of Iowa Library has been doing a fanzine digitization project in partnership with the Organization for Transformative Works: if you are having any trouble seeing or learning about their history, you might look there.

Profile

Susannah

May 2019

S M T W T F S
    1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 9th, 2026 04:56 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios